Before the start of the 2017-18 skating season, we ask that you take the time to review the items below.
1. Ensure registration of skater(s) and parent/guardian with Speed Skating Canada
2. Registration Payment Reminders
3. Season Start Dates
REGISTERING WITH SPEED SKATE CANADA:
We need each skater to register with Speed Skating Canada online.
All skaters and one parent from each family must register with Speed Skating Canada for insurance coverage.
1. Please register your skater, probably as “competitive”, so that, if they decided to participate in a meet (like our Family Day meet), they will be covered.
2. Parents register as “Associate Members”.
Here are the instructions …
Speed Skating Canada has created a new database for the registration of all skaters. In past seasons, club registrars had to load each skater into the previous SSC database in order to report on numbers and secure insurance for the club.
In the new system, skaters will register themselves. The process is easy (and all fees have already been paid). It is important, however, for each family to follow the steps below in order for the club to be properly covered in case of accident.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to the following link: https://mms.speedskating.ca/Home
2. Click “Join” along the top banner.
3. Select “Join Programs”
4. Select “Ontario” and “Hamilton Speed Skating Club” OR “Golden Horseshoe Speed Skating” from the drop down menus.
5. Select the “Program” that fits. Most of you will be “Competitive Skater”.
6. Since this is your first time in the system, you will be asked to create an account.
7. Once an account has been created, you will be directed back to finish the program registration.
Please remember that there is no cost attached to this process, but it does ensure that all our Club has the proper insurance coverage for the season.
Did you intend to e-transfer payment for skate rental or season registration?
Please ensure you have remembered to submit payment for this season’s skating.
Skate Rental (Coach Mike Murray) email@example.com
Skating Fees : firstname.lastname@example.org
Skaters who have yet to complete their season registration can find registration forms posted on the website.
Please print, complete and bring the forms with you to your first practice.
Payment can be made in cash, cheque (Hamilton Speed Skating Club OR Golden Horseshoe Speed Skating Club) or e-transfer.
SKATING START DATES
First Sunday : Sunday September 24th (Sherman Arena) Learn to Speed Skate and Regular Session 3:45 – 4:45pm Advanced Session 4:45-6pm
First Tuesday : Tuesday September 26th (Sherman Arena) 5PM-6PM Regular Session
First Thursday : Thursday October 5th (Chedoke Arena) 4:30 – 5:25pm Learn to Speed Skate and Regular Sessions and Advanced Session is 5:30-6:25pm